Monday 31 December 2012

We ran around town

I run around town, around round the round
With the pedal to the met, the pedal to whatever
I run around round, around round the town
With the pedal to the met, the pedal to whatever

We love bike rides. It used to be our favourite pastime. I just got a new bike when I learned that I was pregnant last year. For the first few months, we still went biking despite the bump. Then winter came.

Kevin and I agreed that just because we have kids, doesnt mean we have to stop doing the things we used to do. We just have to make some 'adjustments'. Let the kids be a part of our lives...the life as we know it. Our universe revolves around Emma and Sophia... but we are slowly incorporating them in our own "universe" too. For now, there's just little you can do.

Thankfully, last summer they were old enough for strolling and bike rides. My neighbour Liza gave me her 'advanced' christening present--- she gave me a double bike trailer-- something I've never thought of buying. It was the best gift we got last summer, it made our bike rides with kids possible.

We were so excited to test it out.So one fine day, we took the kids for a ride. Mr. sun, sun Mr golden sun  was shining down on us. Couldn't have been so perfect a time. The kids were surprisingly good throughout the entire ride. It was a success. Looking forward to more bike rides next summer .


No comments:

Post a Comment