Saturday 17 September 2011

Week 15: ORANGE

Now on week 15, my bubba is the size of an orange. :) All of bubba's limbs are functional and now starting to squirm and wiggle like crazy in my womb. On the other hand, my now-cramped chest and abdomen makes me short of breath!


This week I have been experiencing abdominal cramps and I always ask my nurse friend Carol who is now working in NYC ( envy envy!). So she told me to get hold of my OB and I said there's no way I can do that because 1) its not yet my sched and 2) i am swamped with work stuff. But she poisoned ( you did Love!) with the idea that I might -- might have UTI or urinary tract infection. So here I was, google slave surfed the symptoms and it fits! Panic crawled that led me to my OB clinic and submitted myself for urinalysis. Strangely enough, after the test, all those "symptoms" were gone. Gaah placebo effect eh.


And since I am starting to show, I don't fit in my pants anymore. I still wear them... unbuttoned. I wanna wear some bump-flattering maternity attire that will still make me look chic but I haven't got the time to shop. One time, I went through Sears maternity section and nothing fits me! Even the XS is still too big for me. I wonder where do Asians shop here.  


For now, I am still wearing my normal clothes while I still can. Just to make me feel good in my bloated condition,  I went to the hair salon to get some prenatal pampering.  Babymoon is still a no-go ( time and cash-wise), so I had a cheaper alternative---hair cut and highlights. My head feels lighter and I looked like a soccer mom ( hear ye Vanessa Hudgens, you are not alone). Damn, never trust auntie-looking hairstylist. To top it all off, shorter hair is too much work. Really too much work that I have to bring hair straightener to work! 



Oh well, fall is here. I can always wear my River island beret..

No comments:

Post a Comment