Friday 7 September 2012

Post-baby shower

April 1, 2012 
I never had a bridal shower save for the margarita intoxication ( in my honour) at a Mexican pub in Singapore that I had with my friends. It was more of a deleted episode of Sex and the city, too raunchy. lol.

During pregnancy, no one gave me a baby shower too. I was this close to giving myself my own baby shower just to get gifts from people but my shame got the best of me. haha. No, honestly it was because I didn't have that MANY friends to invite in the first place.

So I let it go and just bought my own stuff. I just consoled myself that if I had been in Singapore or Philippines, I wouldve gotten one. 

In one of my convos with MIL, I must've mentioned it to her. So she concocted this secret plan of giving me a shower. Of course, she's no Sherlock Holmes because I found the invites on her kitchen island. On top of that, she told Kevin about it-- my husband's loyalty was on me. 

A day before the shower, she told me about the party. I feigned excitement and surprise.  I didn't have a clue who the guests were. But she said, she's the host, so she got to choose the invited guests.

For what its worth, it turned out fine. MIL's friends were kinda cool. The best part, lots of wine. It was my first booze in almost a year, man was it the sweetest wine! The babies were very social, while they enjoyed the attention, I was bombarded with unsolicited advice. 

Now I have to make room for Emma and Sophie's new stuff. We went home happy and $250 richer.
 ( money loots!)


MIL- mother in law

No comments:

Post a Comment