Thursday 6 September 2012

First photo shoot

While I was still pregnant, I was scouring for baby stuff when I stumbled upon a mommy blog. This gave me an idea to have a newborn photos. I researched and found it damn expensive that I almost decided against it. Then I went on to kijiji and there was this ad of a photographer who wanted to have a portfolio of twins for half the professional fee. I grabbed the chance and emailed her and it took me two weeks before contacting her again.

When I told Kevin about this, he said its ridiculous. It's minus 30, freezing cold dry winter days and I wanted to bring the babies for a photo shoot! But, after a lengthy discussion/rebuttal, he agreed and we all went to the studio.

We couldn't get any more luckier, it was snowing! dayum, I almost didnt want to make it but what the hell, we're there. The photographer was late, we waited for almost 30 minutes. I was gritting my teeth because I just won this "argument" and I don't want to hear the "i told you so".

Finally, when she came, she ushered us inside and her studio was full of clutter. I had to feed the babies, put them to sleep and had to undress them. Tough feat at two weeks old! At the back of my mind, I was like, what kinda mother was  I, putting my kids through this ordeal.  But it worked out fine. The cosmos cooperated and after two long hours, it was done. We went home. I was so excited to see the fimal results. After two weeks, I got the cds in our mailbox.

To my excitement, I woke up at the crack of dawn just to upload it on FB. haha. stage mom.






No comments:

Post a Comment