Tuesday 15 November 2011

Fetal Assessment 101

After my first ultrasound, I was scheduled for another ultrasound to assess the babies inside. I was told that multiple birth mothers usually make frequent trips to the hospital because well, obviously because its riskier than singleton pregnancy.

Again, took off from work and went to the Fetal Assessment Unit of St B. The office is so cute, it has a corkboard of pictures of babies. It inspired me to make those baby announcement postcards! ( if I can squeeze this in, I would).

The nurse was super friendly. She ushered me to the room to change and we had the ultrasound again. This time, Kevin was inside the room with me. The nurse was so informative, like a voice over on a uterus "tour". I had to cut her off midsentence because I  had difficulty breathing like I was straggled or something, started to sweat like a cow. The nurse stopped on her tracks and turn on the lights and gave me some water. I don't know what happened but my blood pressure abruptly shot up. Scary shiz.

I had to rest before we proceeded again. The nurse said it must be too much pressure laying down, so I have to keep my head elevated. The light-headedness disappeared and we continued. Unlike the first ultrasound, this time, I can really recognized their heart, limbs and how they moved inside of me. Here are some of the still shots given to us by the nurse

Twin A

twin B
Lovely, aren't they? BTW, they are both girls. They just can't figure out if they're fraternal or identical. I'm okay with both. I could have a blonde and/or brunette little girls. Best of both worlds.

No comments:

Post a Comment