Monday 14 November 2011

Stuff I never used to care about

I have been a godmother for awfully dozen times but I had no idea a baby will need a lot of stuff. I have witnessed my friend having labour and how painful that looked.  Word around town is , its really painful but people still do it!

Anyways, reality sets in. We are having twins, nothing can stop it. Moving on, Kevin and I mulled over the stuff we need. Man, if I will seriously buy everything, we will be broke in a mere second. So we decided, its time to be wise in our purchases and just get what is necessary.

There's a long list of things that will never crossed my mind for a good 80% of my life. Yet, these days it has become so massively important to me. I didn't give a hoot about house equity, mortgage, education plans and furniture. But right now, I have been expending all my mental energy to these things especially furniture.

Since, its official that I will never have any baby shower ( calling all my friends, never too late to arrange for one ;)), I signed up for a baby registry at www.babiesrus.ca so I can "solicit" gifts from people. Off we went to the store, and my golly... babies need a lot of stuff.!! diaper disposal system, wipes warmer, bottle warmer, bouncer, swings, swaddler.. I don't even know they exist before! On top of that,  seeing all those beautifully decorated nursery rooms at the store, made me so preoccupied and obsessed with finding the perfect furniture for my dem babies ( to channel Mariah Carey). Perfect means quality + reasonable price.

But we are going to be parents. And parents are practical right? So I have to be practical by getting stuff that we need like crib for example. Back in the Philippines, babies sleep beside their mothers. Psychology books will tell you that co-sleeping is more of an Asian thing. So the average parents back home just use a Playard -- which I thought was just a more portable crib. But sleeping beside me is a no-go as I have two of them. It's hard to keep track and at the same time I'm scared to roll over them or something.

Now here comes the problem. I have to get two cribs yet we have a small space for the nursery room. This room, mind you, is at the moment, a cluttered "my office" space. It's our spare room. I have done a lot of research on nursery rooms and I have decided on having a Winnie the Pooh themed nursery. Which brings us back to my crib. It has to be white, immaculate white crib will look good on a yellow and green background with Pooh, Eeyore and Piglet murals. The cost of the crib is a whopping $300 each and that doesn't include the mattress another $150 and the crib set which is a good $180-200. And then I have to get two. Do the  maths and you will get the vertigo.

my style inspiration

Ideally, crib should be the first thing that we will buy but uhm.. we need to renovate their room first.. In other words, , I have to quit obsessing about the crib instead work on their room. Try as I might, I can't stop thinking about it, so I scoured for deals on the net and caught up with a friend working in the States. Must be loaded because I was told that this friend will buy me the cribs. I was overjoyed. I couldn't be more thankful but but... I will not get it till February. Hmmm.... just have to wait with good faith that I will get it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment