Tuesday 29 November 2011

The Name Game

When we found out that we are having girls, hubby was like.. oh they're gonna be like The Olsen twins. pfft. I don't even like them. If there's a twin that crossed my mind right there and then, its the Wakefield's!

I grew up reading all Francine Pascal and her ghost writers Sweet Valley Kids, SVH, SVU. For 3 years, the Wakefield's and their fictional school were given life through TV. I watched it alongside with Friends ( which my mom would always say too adult for you, that includes Danielle Steel in the too adult category!).


Despite my love for these twins, I never thought of naming them Jessica and Elizabeth. haha. But one thing I really hope to do as a soon to be mom is to treat them as individuals, not as twins, for them to be identified as their own person ( hahaha touche!). I wouldn't want a flirty Jessica as a daughter either, popular may be but not flirty. But  popularity comes when you are flirty and promiscuous, so forget popular.

I've already have in my list the name Sophia .. so we thought of finding the other girl's name. If you searched google, there are names that are really for twins. So Sophia's twin name counterpart is either Isabella or Olivia. But I'm taking the less conventional road, I opted for Emma. Emma, as a name, like Sophia sounds classy and simple.

As respect to my mother-in-law and to my mom, my girls will be named Sophia Elizabeth ( not because of SVH) and Emma Luz. I can add or change the middle names but they will be called Sophia and Emma. Besides, I painstakingly painted the wood letters for their nursery already!






No comments:

Post a Comment