Wednesday 29 August 2012

Missing pants.

Kevin's mom has a twin. maybe thats the reason we have Emma and Sophia. After 10 days, we decided to give his 91 year old grandma a visit. Since it was their first time to get out of the house, they wore that Gap lacy onesie. I never thought of putting on some pants because they had a bunting to keep them warm. It was in the thick of winter and it snowed that day making it extremely colder than I expected. Call it lapse in judgment or sheer new parent stupidity. It was a bonehead move.

Grandma Bohn who raised twins and 3 other kids without help stood aghast at the sight of the pants-less babies. She told us how hard life was wayyyyyyy back yada yada and she couldnt even remember how she did it with twins
back then. I was eagerly listening to her but at the back of my mind I thought may be circumstances ( having twins, 3 older kids and no help) drove her to be cold/heartless/void of emotions.

Other than making me $200 richer, that visit with Grama brought an epiphany. sort of. It came to me that having twins is undeniably overwhelming and that it takes too much work but I will not let the crying and fatigue get the best of me. Its not my children's fault that I am weak and wimpy. Ergo, I need to toughen it up.

As the old adage goes, if you are going through hell, keep walking. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment