Thursday 23 August 2012

The Crying Game

All babies cry, I pretty much know that. But I have two. They cried like you want to send them to nowhere--- only a mom of two colicky kids can only understand. It made me so frustrated that I don't have two laps and four arms. Duh, genetics!

They said ( mother in law, unsolicited advice) that you just have to let the babies cry for 5 minutes and they will stop. Easier said than done. I know they will not self-destruct through crying but I cant bear to listen to them cry. Besides, biology made a clever way for mothers to respond to their babies through a leaking breasts!  I thought it was funny kinda weird before but it happened.

We tried everything. It's like they're not happy if they don't cry. Oxymoron. I almost lost it or may be I did lose it. Then I remember that book I bought " the happiest baby on the block". I tried to turn on the white noise from the vacuum cleaner. And voila, it worked like magic. Like they were in stupor, transfixed to la la land. Boy, was I ever relieved. I just have to get used to this noise. Whatever works, and this white noise is my saving grace. 

sleep baby sleep

2 comments: