Wednesday 6 July 2011

Prenatal Vitamins

A pregger co-worker told me that she is taking Materna vitamins. I was  looking for a prenatal vitamins and I have no idea what to get. I am currently taking Vitamin E and this is for my skin. As they say, we have to take care our skin as gravitational pull ( aka wrinkles) comes with age. I found out Materna is by Centrum and it prevents Neural tube defects. Honestly I never heard of this birth defect so i consulted google and found out it occurs when tissues of the brain and spinal cord fail to develop properly. damn scary eh.


So here's what Materna got for me:

Beta-Carotene (a source of Vitamin A) 2500 IU
Vitamin A (Vitamin A as acetate) 1000 IU
Vitamin E (dl- tocopheryl acetate) 30 IU
Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) 85 mg
Folic Acid (folate) Learn more 1 mg
Vitamin B1 (thiamine mononitrate) 1.4 mg
Vitamin B2 (riboflavin) 1.4 mg
Niacin (niacinamide) 18 mg
Vitamin B6 (pyridoxine hydrochloride) 1.9 mg
Vitamin B12 (cyanocobalamin) 2.6 mcg
Vitamin D (cholecalciferol) 400 IU
Biotin 30 mcg
Pantothenic Acid (calcium pantothenate) 6 mg
MINERALS
Calcium (calcium carbonate) 250 mg
Magnesium (magnesium oxide) 50 mg
Iodine (potassium iodide) 220 mcg
Iron (ferrous fumarate) 27 mg
Copper (cupric sulfate) 1 mg
Zinc (zinc oxide) 7.5 mg
Chromium (chromium chloride) 30 mcg
Manganese (manganese sulfate) 2 mg
Molybdenum (sodium molybdate) 50 mcg
Selenium (sodium selenate) 30 mcg



Pretty neat huh? Now on to my eating habit.



















No comments:

Post a Comment