Monday 25 July 2011

Week 10: PRUNE

PRUNE. Prunus domestica. For this week, my baby's size is that of a prune. According to books, this week marks the beginning of a critical period of my baby's development when all the vital organs have formed and are starting to function. I am almost at the end of my first trimester and sooner I will start to "look" pregnant.

My clothes are starting to feel a little snug, well partly due to bloating gained from hormonal changes in my body. My hormone level is rising and so are the side effects. I have constipation, indigestion, nausea and worst of all my body is in general malaise. With all these, I have to keep myself awake at work as I am always drowsy and sleepy. Good heavens, I'm robbed off of my energy. I had to drag myself to work.

On a positive note, my cousin sent me a pregnancy journal and that bestseller "What to Expect when You are Expecting". I've read from ew.com that a movie version is in the works with JOE MANGANIELLO as one of the expectant fathers. wowza. The journal is much like a day to day info on  my baby's development. The best part is the "about your pregnancy" section as a prologue to the journal. I'll share some of the questions with my corny/mushy answers here.

ABOUT YOUR PREGNANCY

Was your pregnancy planned or a suprise?
It was planned, but 'surprisingly" it came too soon :D

When did you suspect you were pregnant?
When I didn't get my period after a bottle of beer . ( tsk tsk , i know i know)

When your pregnancy was confirmed, how did you react?
Stunned, surprised, anxious and happy <<< in this order

How long did it take to become pregnant? Did it seem quick or slow?
Very very quick *wink

What is the best thing about being pregnant?
Other than tax deduction? kidding aside, the idea that I have a functioning ovary!! seriously, to experience motherhood.

What challenge did you foresee with this pregnancy?
adjustment when winter comes, cold turkey'ng coke and coffee and telling my boss that I am pregnant.

What are the most important qualities you can nurture as a parent?
Fear of God, respect for parents and elders and perseverance

Have you picked out any names? What names would you consider?

Boy: Zigmund Seth ( hubby picked this)
Girl: Sophia Leigh ( i am open to more suggestions)

No comments:

Post a Comment